The Canada Post standard shipping fee is included in the price of the painting. This service has no tracking or insurance. I have been using this service and find them reliable. It does take a little longer, especially for overseas destinations.
If you are interested in alternative (with tracking and/or insurance) choice, please contact me before the purchase and I will adjust the price accordingly.
How are the Sumi-e paintings presented?
All paintings are original. They are painted on rice paper. Some are mounted and others are not and are priced. You can find out if they are or not in the description of each painting.
Wrinkles on rice paper can occur due to moisture during the painting process. Some buyers prefer the unmounted look. You have a choice of mounting it or displaying it as you please.
Dry-mounting completely removes the wrinkles. There are also other traditional and contemporary techniques for mounting.
If you decide to frame it professionally, they can also mount it before doing so if you wish.
- The mounted paintings are dry-mounted on same size acid-free matting board and are in transparent art bags.
- Those that are not mounted, are supported on the acid-free matting board and are in transparent art bags.
- The framed art has white matting with a thin black metal frame with few exceptions. The ones that are framed differently will have the details in the description.
How are Sumi-e paintings shipped?
- The framed paintings are carefully packed with bubble-wrap and cardboard.
- The unframed paintings in their proper art-bags are sandwiched between two larger pieces of foam core and shipped.
How are the Pencil drawings or Mixed media art shipped?
- The drawings are on drawing paper, matted and backed with foam core, ready to be framed. They are stored in transparent art-bags. For shipping, the artwork is sandwiched between two larger pieces of cardboard or foam core and shipped.
- Mixed media paintings are matted and backed with foam core, ready to be framed. They are stored in transparent art-bags. For shipping, the artwork is sandwiched between two larger pieces of cardboard or foam core and shipped.
Where can I buy prints?
At Fine Art America
If there are paintings that you would like to have a print(s) of, please let me know and I will post it on FAA