The content of my old website has recently been moved to this new platform, and so, there are a few details that are still being worked out.
If you are interested in a piece of artwork and there is no price listed or you want more information than provided, please contact me.
The Canada Post standard shipping fee is included in the price of the painting. This service has no tracking or insurance. I have been using this service and find them reliable. It does take a little longer especially for overseas destinations.
If you are interested in an alternative method of shipping (with tracking and/or insurance), please contact me before the purchase and I will adjust the price accordingly.
How are the Sumi-e paintings presented?
All paintings are originals. They are painted on rice paper. Some are mounted and others are not and are priced accordingly. You can find out if they are mounted by checking the description of the painting. Some buyers prefer the unmounted look which gives you the choice of mounting it or displaying it as you please.
Wrinkles on rice paper can occur due to moisture during the painting process. Dry-mounting the painting completely removes the wrinkles.
There are also other traditional and contemporary techniques for mounting. If you decide to have it framed professionally, most professionals have dry-mounting capabilities.
- The mounted paintings are dry-mounted on same size acid-free matting board and are in transparent art bags.
- Those which are not mounted, are supported on the acid-free matting board and are in transparent art bags.
- The framed art has white matting with a thin black metal frame with few exceptions. The ones that are framed differently will have the details in the description.
- The dimensions indicated are only the measurements of the painting itself and don’t include the matting and the thin black frame. The framed dimensions are about 15cm wider and 18cm taller.
How are Sumi-e paintings shipped?
- The framed paintings are carefully packed with bubble-wrap and cardboard.
- The unframed paintings in their proper art-bags are sandwiched between two larger pieces of foam core and shipped.
How are the Pencil drawings or Mixed media art shipped?
- The drawings are on drawing paper, matted and backed with foam core, ready to be framed. They are stored in transparent art-bags. For shipping, the artwork is sandwiched between two larger pieces of cardboard or foam core and shipped.
- Mixed media paintings are matted and backed with foam core, ready to be framed. They are stored in transparent art-bags. For shipping, the artwork is sandwiched between two larger pieces of cardboard or foam core and shipped.
Where can I buy prints?
At Fine Art America
If you would like print(s) of paintings which are not on Fine Art America, please let me know and I will post them on Fine Art America.